For ASX listed investments and managed funds with an APIR code (covers about 8,500 managed funds).
• Trading transactions (buying and selling shares, writing and buying options). We provide a letter, which instructs a client’s broker to send electronic contract notes to a web address we provide. Trades are automatically loaded to their portfolio overnight. Client simply trades. No paperwork needed.
• Dividends. System knows what dividends are declared and paid, and the franking credits and other tax details, and automatically applies them to client portfolios. No paperwork needed.
• Dividend re-investment. Client tells us when dividend reinvestment is taken up or withdrawn. After that, the system automatically calculates share entitlement when dividend payments are made, and allots them to the portfolio along with tax details. No paperwork required.
• Mergers, take-overs, reconstructions, share splits or consolidations, code and company name changes etc. The service tracks all corporate actions and makes the necessary amendments to the portfolio and tax position automatically.
• Valuations. The service takes data feeds every night and updates prices and valuations of all portfolios automatically.
For other investments
• “Service assets” such as rental property, private equity. The system will track income, capital etc, but information regarding buying, selling, income receipts and expenses will need to be advised to Shoebox and dealt with manually.
• “Personal assets” such as motor vehicles, home, contents can be recorded in the system for clients who would like their total net worth to be reported.